A Short Escape From Geneva
Tour length: 2 nights/3 days
This leisurely 2-night/3-day cycling tour takes you from the Greater Geneva area on a loop that involves two types of rides: a bike ride and a ferry ride.
This international short escape will take you across the French/Swiss border to the medieval village of Yvoire, one of France’s most beautiful villages. On your way there, you will follow part of the Rhône bike route mixed with our own selected sections through vineyards to Nyon or further on to Rolle, where you will board a ferry to Yvoire.
Even for those who know the area well, this ride will allow them to rediscover this region from an angle they may never have seen before. The riding, the ferry crossing, the vineyards of Crépy, and the amazing views over the Alps and the Jura mountains make this trip an unforgettable adventure… no need to travel far to experience a total escape.
Our tour starts from Thônex in the Greater Geneva area (other starting points can be arranged on a request basis). Following the route du Rhône, you will ride through picturesque villages as you head towards Nyon and Rolle—depending on the ferry schedule on your travel date. Regardless of the location where you board the ferry, be assured you’ll have good lunch options before the international crossing of Lake Geneva to the medieval village of Yvoire, where you’ll spend the next two nights.
You can of course enjoy a day off the saddle and visit Yvoire, one of France’s most beautiful villages. If you do, we highly recommend taking a stroll through the “Garden of Five Senses.”
Our ride option will take you through the very scenic “Lower Chablais”, dotted with “Crépy” vineyards. While riding, you’ll enjoy amazing views of the Jura Mountains and beautiful villages such as the Port de Séchex by the Lake or the wine-making hilltop village of Ballaison.
Today’s ride involves another border crossing. Our GPS will take you through the French villages of Loisin and Veigy-Foncenex before leading you into Switzerland and the two-letter village of Gy. Enjoy the rest of your ride to Thônex where you will return your bikes (if you rented from us) and retrieve your luggage
For groups of 4 or more: we are highly flexible, additional rides and services can be arranged
2 nights in a charming 3-star hotel in Yvoire.
- 395 euros per person in April and October. Single supplement is 95 euros
- 410 euros per person in May, June, and September. Single supplement is 100 euros
- 425 euros per person in July and August. Single supplement is 105 euros
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel of charm
- Daily breakfast
- 1 dinner (drinks are not included)
- Orientation meeting with one of our staff members
- Luggage transfers
- Marked maps and/or cue sheets and route notes
- Pre-loaded GPS unit (subject to availability) or GPX files
- Assistance if necessary (you will be provided with our local rep’s mobile number)
- All tax and service charges
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Ferry crossing (approximately 15 CHF per person + 8 CHF per bike)
- Bicycle rentals. Hybrid bikes are available at the rate of 55 euros per bike. Full-carbon racing bikes are available at the rate of 100 euros per bike. E-bikes are available at the rate of 105 euros per bike.
Get More Info
Want to learn more about a tour? Complete the form below for a detailed description with route, mileage, and profile information, plus a list of hotels